Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Joe Macnally

One of my photography Gurus

We were given a project at college to research a famous photographer, I picked Joe Macnally.
Joe is an american photogrpher, he works in New York city.As part of his marketing Joe did alot of work for the American Ballet Company. This interested me right away as i am an ex dancer. I think his ballet portraits are fantastic. He takes ballet out the studio and creates a totally different image of ballet and ballerinas.He is amazingly creative.
Another thing that attracted me to Joe's work is his use of lighting. He has some of the most amazing lighting effects that i have ever seen. He really thinks out of the box. I would love to understand how he creates such stunning pieces of art. I hope to have atleast half of his talent and skill one day. 
Here are just a few of my favourite images from some of his work. You have to check this guy out.
( 1st image is Joe Macnally)






No comments:

Post a Comment